[Kst] No autoupdate with dirfiles on Windows 7

Peter Milne peter.milne at d-tacq.com
Fri Aug 23 18:40:28 UTC 2013

Hi Steve

We run a repeating scope display with kst2, data is replaced about every
second; data is for display only.
I've had trouble with both Win and Linux hosts refusing to update, but a
sure-fire way to force kst2 to update appears to be -
on alternate updates, write +1, then +2 dummy samples.
It seems the change of data set size forces an update in a way that a
simple data replacement does not.
Why +1,+2 rather than +0,+1 ? We found that with a 8192 sample data set,
the X axis numbers -eg the final "8192" would change between updates,
while going between 8193 and 8194 on alternate shots gives a nice
constant axis representation, and, duplicating the last numbers in the
set means that no one will ever notice.

ps: This is not a criticism of kst2, it's working well for us - one
screen with 32 time domain plots, a second screen with 32 spectra, no
problem with performance, it's all good. The linux plot is native, the
Windows plot is a timed update on data on a Samba export.

Cheers

Peter.