[Kst] Time on X axis: Negative start time, no more than 10 minor ticks possible

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 22 22:50:13 UTC 2012

Mark,

In svn, I have just added a checkbox to plot dialog to allow you to
force the base in base-offset mode to be the axis minimum of the plot.
   So the offsets would start at [0] at the left edge of the plot and
go up from there.  Is this what you want?

cbn

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Mark Dammer <mark.dammer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am experiencing problems with formatting curves that display time on
> the x-axis. The timeline is created from a column in the source data
> file in standard c-time. The big problem is that Kst automatically
> rounds the starttime up to a value that gives a "neat" display in the
> label. In my case the source files time starts at seven seconds past
> midnight, resulting in zero on the timeline being at noon and 2012/09/29
> 12:00:00 [Days] displayed as label. What I want is 2012/09/29 00:00:07
> [Days] displayed with zero being zero on the timeline.
> Is there a way to disable this automatism and to format the x-axis
> manually ?
> The other problem is that for the ease of readability I want 12 minor
> ticks, but Kst does not seem to be able to display more than 10 minor ticks.
>
> thanks for any help, Mark

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
416-845-0946