[Kst] Further 2.0.5 small bugs

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 18 22:41:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr>wrote:

> - When doing a polynomial fit on a curve (order = 5) I get a nice text
> label. When trying to place it on the plot, dragging is slow and leaves
> many strange artefacts. And in the end, the bounding box of the label is
> somehow wrong (noticeable in layout mode). If it's not easy to fix, we can
> leaev it like that as in the end it does work. But it looks bad and is
> sluggish during drag. (Use transparency while dragging is checked,
> otherwise it looks even worse)

Fixed

> - OpenGL results in worse performance than the default on my system, with
> a Nividia GTX550ti and binary Nvidia drivers! Either we do something wrong,
> or it's again a driver issue. I would have to check under Windows... Is
> anybody else seeing that?

OpenGL is barely supported by kst.  I have considered disabling it, but....
its not quite broken enough to justify that.  Maybe we can look at it more
closely for future versions.  In any case, on linux/intel sandybridge, it
is about the same performance as the other options, but with antialiasing
issues.  Not sure what we should do long term, but I would say 'leave it
for now'.

- SVG and image annotation items have a fixed ratio by default: nice. But
it can't be unchecked. Is this a bug or a feature?

Fixed.

> Apart from that this version looks very stable and nice :-) let's see how
> many bugs we can still crush!
>
> Nicolas

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto