[Kst] Kst 2.0.4: Request to set DPI Resolution for PDF Export

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 31 14:54:08 UTC 2011

I have committed fixes to the whole printing code.

Now PDF, SVG, or EPS outputs are completely vector based with no
bitmaps, so they should work at arbitrary resolution.
Also, the printer resolution has been set to 300 dpi.  This controls:
  - The resolution of placement of lines, etc
  - The number of lines a curve is compressed into.
It does not effect the resolution of fonts or of the lines themselves,
which are rendered at the device resolution.

I think this will be acceptable for all cases.  Do you have the
ability to test from svn, or will you have to wait for a release to
test it?

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:12 PM, repaul_schrott-kst at yahoo.de
<repaul_schrott-kst at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello Bart,
>
> fixing the legend text is good but I would still like to get 1) because then I can also get "smooth" lines for the time series plots as well.
>
> Otherwise I have to do the following work around to get a bitmap of a A4 page at 200 dpi
>     * Export as bitmap:  width = 297/25.4*200 = 2338, height = 210/25.4*200=1653, format=png
>     * find and rename screenshots from the different tabs
>
>     * Include as bitmap in Word/OpenOffice/....
>

> Just "printing to a PDF driver" is more user friendly.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ralph

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto