[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/libkstapp

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Jan 21 08:30:31 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

there was a problem with the mail server here yesterday, so that I did
not receive this message until very late. I don't know exactly what you
have already done and what is still left, but here are some answers to
your points from yesterday.

> DS is already a NamedObject, in principle it could have a short name,
> but it is not used. and changing
>
> QString DataSource::fileName() const {
> [...]
>
> breaks a code where the complete path is needed.
I'm not familiar with that part of the code and I don't have time to
look at it right now, but OK: changing that method sounds like a bad
idea. But there should be a short name like for vectors, i.e. here
"[filename without directory] (DS[i])". If it isn't there, can't we just
add it? I don't know what you mean by "it could have one but it is not
used"...

> Currently is the metacode ony in the concrete plugin code, so we
> would have to change the API, or change all plugins.
Hum, that is a good point. What do the golden rules of SW design say in
such a case: is it better to change the API or have some duplicated
code? I'll leave it up to you (or Barth) to decide. If we change all
plugins, it is not a very big change and we can add it to the datasource
template. I think we can also live with that.

> Adding an updatebutton an replacing the model with a new one should do
> the job. Will test it tomorrow.
A button could do the trick. But other dialogs (e.g. the data manager)
update automatically. If there is an update method, just make it public
and call it from the scalar/string creation dialogs. Or is there a major
reason against doing that?

Nicolas

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.