[Kst] kst 2.0.0 schedule?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Jan 13 18:21:46 CET 2010

Hi Barth,

I was wondering if you already have clear ideas to further steps wrt
kst2. You had mentioned you would make a new release around January 1st,
and I don't know what is on your agenda. What I think should be
addressed before 2.0.0 is released is:
1) printing which does not allow for saving the config, making batch
printing unusable
2) the datasource API which is in need of some cleanup (or at least the
ASCII datasource) - particularly for config widgets, and config
saving/loading
3) performance (not that I personally have problems, but from what Matt
mentioned a while ago it seemed pretty bad compared to kst 1.x, which I
think should not be the case), but that was before your update and
drawing fixes and I don't know if there have been new real-world tests
recently - would surely be interesting!
4) the new font system (is it a pre-2.0.0 or post-2.0.0 change?)
5) possibly some UI fixes which I wanted to suggest but never came
around to it :-(

What do you (and others from the list) think?

Cheers,