[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/libkstapp

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Oct 3 10:42:41 CEST 2007

> I'd really rather not have comments :)
OK, I'll try to refrain from making premature comments :-) Just tell me
when you've reached a status where you'd like a bit of user testing to
find stupid bugs that might have been left behind, and then I'll
"contribute".

> What I really want now is testcases.  And even better, I'd
> *love* to see folks writing unit tests.  If something is not
> working and you can write a unit test, perfect.  IMO, now
> that we have a new testsuite and a *spiffy new API* for this
> testsuite, this should be the preferred way of reporting regressions.
I must admit I've never looked at that in detail. I thought it was
really more a way to test invidual classes than the integration (the
workflow, usability, performance, etc...) where I'm more at ease. To
take just one concrete example, that range issue I reported yesterday
(read to end vs nb of frames) and that you've fixed in the meantime: is
it possible to write a unit test for it ? What would it roughly look
like ? If you can get me started and it's not too complicated I could
certainly write some unit tests when I see problems instead of reporting
bugs...