[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst/datasources/healpix

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:52:47 CET 2005

actually you are correct, if I go into tests/healpix and run:

$> kst -z "1 - TEMPERATURE (Kelvin)" healpix_example_sm.fits

it does the same as

$> kst -z 1 healpix_example_sm.fits

and correctly reads the field.  Unfortunately, for healpix I use fieldnames
that are created based on the contents of the file that may not be known
ahead of time.  So for me it is nice to have the single number alias.

But you are right that this is technically unnecessary.  For the ascii
datasource reading a matrix- I found (at least with the tests/asciimatrix.txt
example) that I needed to change the options in the config widget that
specified to skip the first row and use row zero for field labels before it
would recognize it as a valid ascii matrix.

Perhaps this is why reading from the commandline fails for ascii matrices- we
need to tell it to skip the first line and read fields from line 0 when we
create the matrix from the command line.

-Ted