[Kst] First kst plugin :-(

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Oct 7 17:26:09 CEST 2004

Dear kst developers,

I have just written a plugin for kst to compute pilot workload according to a
metric called DIMSS. The workload is essentially computed from a pilot's
inputs on his controls. The value is the product of std deviation with number
of control reversals over a 3s sliding window.
I reused some code from the statistics plugin and adapted the interface to my
needs (with the length of the window also configurable). Everything looks
good, compiles, installs, but it does not run saying "There was an error in
the plugin you entered. Please fix it". I grepped the sources and started
tracing the problem. It seems to have to do with input or ouput copying that
fail, but I am not very sure. I am pretty sure I made a stupid mistake
somewhere and thought that maybe someone could help me :-) I have attached
the .xml and .c files. I believe the problem is more in the interface than in
the code itself, but it is quite confusing.

The good side to this is that I know how plugins work now, so that I'll be
able to write INTEG and DERIV plugins to fulfill one of my own requests...

Thanks for your help,