[Kst] Re: plugins

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue May 6 22:03:59 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 06 May 2003 16:02, you wrote:

> For the the plugins, the xml and and .so file should have
> the same name (toto.so and toto.xml).
> What we have thought is that the .so and .xml files
> should be all in one directory that could be changed
> in KST's preferences.

  Ok that can be done.  I've been wondering how installation of the plugins
will happen though.  Will they go into a system-wide directory?  This will of
course require root access.

   As discussed previously, using a .desktop file is not desired by the plugin
developers.  What do you think of the idea of having an installation tool in
kst that would actually create a .desktop file and install the plugin
according to KDE standards?  This assumes that there is not already a
standard installation location for this plugin format, however.

   Also, do you happen to have the source to a plugin handy?  It would be good
to have a demo plugin to work with.