[Kroupware] RE: Announce: Kolab Webclient (pre-alpha/planning)

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Wed May 7 09:43:09 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 6. Mai 2003 17:52 schrieb Martin Konold:
> What about providing the horde stuff as an addon package for Kolab so
> that it fits nicely into the package maintainance?

Would be good to have some automatic configuration for Horde to play with
Kolab at once. Small companies want to just install and run, not spending
hours for a (default) installation (which is indeed important for big
installations with more than one server). This is what MS makes so popular
- install a Small Office edition and everything is ready (at least for
those people which are not familiar with security and stability issues). So
a quick installation and setup process would bring a lot of benefit for
Kolab and integrated/recommended projects.

WRT package maintenance, what ideas do you have for package updates and
repackaging for new relases? For example, I am using SuSE in the office. We
get updates from them (especially security related ones) and installing
means simply a "rpm -Uhv". From time to time we update the whole
distribution (I moved from 7.3 to 8.1 some time ago).
How will Kolab be maintained? I mean, getting an Apache security update for
my distribution is not a big deal, but how can I be sure to get the same
level of support for Kolab? Is this something left to the distributors? Are
there any contacts already?
And, SuSE has it's own Open Exchage server product...

Andreas