[Kroupware] Kolab client not functional

Jon Bendtsen jbendtsen at laerdal.dk
Mon Aug 11 14:44:53 CEST 2003

> ]On Behalf
> Of praktikant15(Martin Reiter)
> Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:01 PM
> To: Kolab Server and KDE Client development issues
> Subject: [Kroupware] Kolab client not functional
>

> Hi folks

Hi

> but i couldn't test it yet, since the kolab-kde client doesn't work.
> I tried to follow the german KDE Client Manual. There are different
> screenshots showing the kolab-client with a normal kmail-menubar.
> In the version i have compiled, every button in the menubar
> disapears (except the "print" and "back" button), as soon
> as i activate
> the groupwarefunctions. If i try to insert others via the
> configuration bar
> all changes are just ignored.
>
> any ideas?

you didnt make all the kgroupware packages, or you installed it
where there already was a kde, and thus already kde packages
of the same kgroupware packages.
I had the same problem in the beginning, but trying again made
it work.

> any wayy to check wether those problems are a result of a
> misconfigured server?

i VERY much doubt it is a server problem.

> should everything be ok if the web-admin site works?

yes on the server side.

> btw: im compiling on SuSE 8.2
> and i took the sources from www.erfrakon.de using wget -r
> ;-) (lazy i know!)
> at the 28th of july (need to upgrade??).

there might be a newer, but i doubt there is a big difference.

JonB