[kplato] Summary of Data Discussion

Thomas Zander kplato@kde.org
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:57:18 +0200

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:50:06PM -0500, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I would keep "resource" out of the "task" definition for a couple of
> reasons:
>
> 1.    Some tasks will have multiple resources

No problem, the data-definition (also called format) allready can
handle that. There are curly braces around it. The: {}

> 2.    I would prefer to have resources listed like CA-Superproject, not
> in a column like M$ Project.

Hmm, this is a request of the user-interface, that can be done if the
resources are in the task or not.

The _link_ to the resources from a task is correct since a task uses or
provides resources. (Humans, drills)

That they are listed or managed elsewere is not important at this
point of time.