[kplato] Comments about the User Interface and an Introduction

Robert Watkins kplato@kde.org
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:11:41 -0700 (PDT)

I've read through the mailing list and have some
items to think about when creating the user
interface.

At some point, there will likely be some stuff
that's done 'automagically'. Without fail because
of the assumptions being made, stuff 'breaks'.
I've listed a few things that might break and
will either need to be addressed, or an alert
sent to the user:
*end dates cannot happen for a task or project
due to prior tasks falling behind or scope
change.
*over-scheduled resources for a particular
timeframe.
*tie-breaking for resources/tasks if there are
competing priorities.
*alert when tasks are past-due

As for myself, I've volunteered to be the
Usability Report Maintainer for this project. you
can go to http://usability.kde.org for details on
the goals and purpose.

My background is in web development, mainly JSP
and DHTML but with some Java experience. I've
worked with usability for a few years now and
look forward to having a project I can contribute
to.

thanks,
Robert

=====