another database question

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Thu Jan 26 23:21:39 GMT 2023

Hi Per!

> Can blocked images be removed from index.xml? In the old db all directories
> with images in them
> had a THUMBS directory in them. As far as I can see these are garbage in
> KPhotoAlbum. There seems to be no reason for keeping them.
> (I'm constructing a new index.xml)

I'm not sure if I understand the question. You can have an empty element
"<blocklist/>" in your index.xml.

There are two different ways to block images from your database:
1. Using the blocklist entry in index.xml
2. Using the kphotoalbum configuration

1. is mainly for blocking specific images that you don't want to delete but
that still should not be part of the image database. I.e. this is a form of
ad-hoc blocking.

2. is aimed at preventing certain folders from being added to the database.
You can access this using the File search and Versioning page in the settings.
The text field labeled "Directories to exclude from new file search:" takes a
comma-separated list of directories.
E.g. I use the value "ThumbNails,.thumbs" to ignore folders named "ThumbNails"
and ".thumbs".

HTH,
  Johannes