Is it possible to regenerate the thumbnail for only one photo?

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Wed Apr 19 22:55:49 BST 2023

Hi Constantin,

Am Mittwoch, 19. April 2023, 11:06:22 CEST schrieb Constantin Orăsan:
> As the subject says, I wonder whether it is possible to regenerate the
> thumbnail of one photo. I edited a photo externally (I cropped it). I kept
> the name and kphotoalbum kept the tags I assigned (as it should). However,
> the photo still has the old thumbnail. Is there a way to regenerate the
> thumbnail for only that image, not for the whole collection.

Yes, there is:
Select the changed image(s) and select "Recalculate Checksum" from the
Maintenance menu.

When you change images (even without visible changes) you should always
recalculate the image checksum so that KPhotoAlbum can recognize renamed files
without losing the tag data etc. Once KPhotoAlbum realizes that the checksum
was changed, it also recreates the thumbnail...

Cheers,
  Johannes