DB::parseDateString

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 19 03:04:26 BST 2023

(Somehow I managed to miss the switchover for the list...yeah, I'm a bit out of date...)

Just spotted this now...

It appears that parseDateString assumes the European order (D-M-Y), which is going to cause a lot of
confusion to the left of the puddle (e. g. one of the examples, 03-02-12, would be interpreted as
March 2, 2012 in the US, not February 3).  Perhaps there's some way to look at the locale to decide
how to parse such?

I personally prefer YYYY-MM-DD for everything, but I'm in the minority there...