[KPhotoAlbum] Very slow deletion after upgrade to Ubuntu 21.04

Constantin Orăsan c.orasan at gmail.com
Sun May 9 23:41:47 BST 2021

Hello,

Since I updated my Ubuntu from 20.10 to 21.04 the process of deleting a
photo from my collection became very slow. I have just timed deleting a
photo from the annotation dialog and it takes about 6 seconds. In general,
it seems that KPA is less responsive.

I have about 88k photos and videos in my collection. Since I updated my
Ubuntu I added about 2000 photos, but I doubt this is the reason why
suddenly KPA is slower (I don't think I tried to use KPA between when I
upgraded my computer and I added the photos).

I use KPA 5.7.0. Libraries from the about dialogue are

   - KDE Frameworks 5.80.0
   - Qt 5.15.2 (built against 5.15.2)
   - The xcb windowing system

The files are stored on a local harddisk (it is actually a RAID1, but this
should actually make it faster), like it was before.

Do you have any suggestions why it is slower? I suppose it's due to one of
the libraries that come with the new Ubuntu. Happy to start digging if you
can give me an idea where to start from.

Thank you,

Constantin