[KPhotoAlbum] Startup performance

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Wed Oct 14 07:48:45 BST 2020

Am 13. Okt. 2020 schrieb Andreas Schleth:
[...]
> I had similar ideas about splitting the DB. In fact I sort of do it
> myself since ages: Everybody has her/his own DB and only good pictures
> are migrated via Kim to the family album. Which is in a better backup
> level.

Thanks for sharing this use-case!

Import/Export is always an important area. And if we can reuse this
feature for merging a partitioned DB, it's even better ;-)

> This works nicely except that it is a bit of a pain to sync
> category entries. Which brings me to the point: Would it be possible to
> have one or more separate category-DBs alongside the image DBs?

If we decide to split/partition the DB, the categories are definitely an
area we need to think about. Moving it to a separate DB could IMHO be a
useful step.

regards,
- martin