[KPhotoAlbum] new insight into mangled icons in Ubuntu / Linux Mint

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Tue Jan 2 19:20:01 GMT 2018

> 1. I noticed that sometimes QString::fromLatin1 and sometimes
> QString::fromUtf8 is used. (does it matter??)

For now I can at least answer this one: We should use QString::fromUtf8()
everywhere, as our sources are UTF-8 encoded (or at least, they should be).

But: As we're writing all this in English, the sources (and also the literal
strings you found) should not contain any non-ASCII character. So
QString::fromLatin1() and QString::fromUtf8() will give us the same result in
this case.

So, to answer your question: In this case, it does not matter.

I don't have an idea about the icon problem, though ;-) I also saw this some
time ago, but I don't remember if we changed something or it simply
disappeared somehow. But we'll get this :-)

Cheers, Tobias