[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: Building Thumbnails is partially broken

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sat Jan 21 13:59:38 GMT 2017

Forwarding to the correct list address...

Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] Building Thumbnails is partially broken
Date: Samstag, 21. Jänner 2017, 02:27:44 CET
From: Johannes Zarl-Zierl <johannes at zarl-zierl.at>
To: Andreas Schleth <schleth_es at web.de>, kphotoalbum at mail.kdab.org

Hi Andreas,

Am 21. Jänner 2017 00:26:02 MEZ schrieb Andreas Schleth <schleth_es at web.de>:
>Oh yes, I forgot, the image folder is on an NFS V4 share on spinning
>rust via GB ethernet.  Mount options: rw,_netdev,noatime,exec,lock,auto

Thanks.

>But my concern is less with the performance (this had been much worse
>than it is now: ~15-20 minutes for 20k images - I remember overnight
>jobs (several hours) for the same) but more with stability: KPA should
>not die if some idiot like me starts interfering with the GUI while it
>does some background job in the basement.

Of course. Crashing is not considered acceptable behaviour ;-)
And having an unresponsive UI just because one accidentally pressed the wrong
button is not that much better...
I was just asking because KPA performs totally different on NFS, which means I
might not even see the bug unless I recreate a similar setup.

Cheers,
  Johannes