[KPhotoAlbum] new point: inserting new "class" in the tag-hierarchy - Re: KPA 5.1 issue list

Martin Jost lists at majo.name
Sun Jan 15 14:48:14 GMT 2017

Hello,

here is a new point 8. I have to admit, this is probably somewhat special...

For the persons I have a structure for families similar to this:
Persons
  Adam_Eve
    Adam
    Eve
    Kain
    Abel

A name put together of the names of the parents and then "below" this a
entry for each single person.

Now I ran into this situation
I only had a single name entered, say
Persons
  Henry X.

In the meantime "Henry" is married and has a child "Alvin".
So I would like to make "Henry" a "superclass" and add himself and Alvin
below.

So I want something like
Persons
  Henry
    Henry X.
    Alvin X.

What I did was:
1. Created 'Henry' below 'Persons'.
2. Made "Henry X." and "Alvin X." a sub-class of 'Henry', using
   Settings/Configure Kphotoalbum
   Tag groups

This way I ended up with all images from Henry, being tagged as both
Henry X. and Henry.
I cleaned this up by editing index.xml.
(One of the many times, where I REALLY like the fact that the KPA
database is just a XML file)

Is there a way to avoid this ? / A better way to do this restructuring ?
Is this just "working as defined" or do you consider this a bug ?

[Given the fact, that I don't need to do something like this that often,
I can life with it]

Regards

Martin