[KPhotoAlbum] GPS - get info from gpx, not from Exif

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Thu Feb 23 13:52:15 GMT 2017

Hi Benny!

There's no "official" way to bypass storing the GPS data in the EXIF
header. The EXIF DB is just a cache so that the data does not have to be
read from the images directly, so changes to the database will be
overwritten if some image's data is re-read.

Why don't you want to store the data in the EXIF header? This won't change
your image data, and there's a specific EXIF field for this very use case.
It's just like storing the correct roation of an image.

Getting the correct coordinates from a GPX track is not such an easy task
in some cases (according to my experience), thus I check the coordinates
and store them in the images to be sure they are correct.

At the moment, I don't see a reliable and persistant way to bypass the EXIF
mechanism and still use the map parts of KPA ...

Cheers, Tobias