[KPhotoAlbum] Problems with libkgeomap - again

Matthias Heukäufer m.heukaeufer at posteo.de
Fri Feb 12 13:35:48 GMT 2016

Hi!

I have again a problem with building kphotoalbum 4.6.2 and 4.7. on
Debian jessie.
Thanks to Johannes, I was finally able to get it working with libkgeomap
on my laptop computer (64-bit).
I have now been trying to achieve the same on my old desktop, running
the same Debian version. The only obvious difference is this machine
beeing 32-bit.
I have tried all possible combinations: version 4.6.2 versus 4.7,
libkgeomap installed locally versus globally, but nothing helps.
Whenever I start kphotoalbum (both with my real database or the demo
database), the program crashes a few seconds after I open the thumbnail
viewer.
On the terminal I get the following error message:
ASSERT: "!fileName.isNull()" in file
/home/matthias/temp/kphotoalbum-4.7/ThumbnailView/ThumbnailModel.cpp,
line 179

When I build the program without kgeomap, it runs fine.
Does anybody have an idea how I could solve this?

Thank you - Matthias