[KPhotoAlbum] gps search: a patch

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Thu Jun 4 13:19:40 BST 2015

> You don't even need to make it a checkbox in the settings dialog - you could
> just make it a button on the map widget of the search dialog.
> Once you turn it on and complete the exif db transformation, it doesn't make
> sense to turn it off again. Or does it?

We are only talking of a one-time rebuild of the EXIF db, aren't we? So why
not simply enable it for new setups (as the EXIF db will be filled with GPS
data anyway in this case) and add a button "Enable GPS search". If the user
clicks on this one, we display a message:

"Enabling the GPS search requires a rebuild of the EXIF database. This process
can take some minutes. Do you want to run the rebuild now? --> Yes / No".

If that update is done, we add some value to the config (which is set by
default for new setups) and don't display that button anymore.

And that's it. Or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

Cheers, Tobias