[KPhotoAlbum] gps search: a patch

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Mon Jun 1 21:15:42 BST 2015

Hi Tobias,

thanks a lot for looking at my patch!

I've seen the removeCurrentSelectionButton but I couldn't find a way using it.
I think it's used in the more complex digikam gps search, that allows to
search for more complex areas, if I got that right. I didn't try to adopt that
- I'm happy with what I have ;-)
I've also seen that this button is always disabled, and I couldn't find a way
to at least get rid of it or even use it. Well, I've just forgotten to ask for
how to use that button - so I can't help you.

To me the one point to deal with is the performance problem when the gps
access triggers an exiv db update. I mentioned that yesterday. I didn't
measure that time but it just felt like taking ages.
I could think about two possibilities:
- having a search progress bar - meaning the first search including that
update will take some time
or
- convert the exiv db during start up (like looking for new pictures) - so the
first start up could by time expensive.

What do you think?

Cheers
Reimar