[KPhotoAlbum] Tokens and stacks [was: Re: More patches]

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:44:12 BST 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Johannes Zarl-Zierl
<johannes at zarl-zierl.at> wrote:
>> > If so, we could change the default behaviour and use the proposed patch to
>> > only work on the front image of a stack, or maybe the patch would not
>> > even be needed anymore.
>> I personally almost never want the default behavior, but I hate to say
>> that that applies to everyone.
>
> That's why I would like to have some input from others. From my point of view,
> the default behaviour is plain wrong most of the time. To me, the whole point
> of stacking images is so that one can handle a bunch of images as a single
> image. If I want something different, I normally expand stacks (but having
> e.g. Shift+Token operate on the top image only would work too).

In general I want to work with stacks as well. However, I usually do
not use the tokens, as it is too hard to keep track on whether I am
enabling or disabling a token. I rather quick-tag the images nowadays
and use stars to mark the good ones... Previously I was thinking that
enabling tokens would be lower case and disabling upper case. That
would cause less confusion whether one is enabling or not. I
personally want to tag individual image so seldom that expanding a
stack and marking just one image is OK for me.

miika