[KPhotoAlbum] cmake

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at web.de
Tue Nov 4 19:40:54 GMT 2014

Hi list!

I'm not a cmake expert (at all), so I have a question. I think we will have
some optional features in the next KPA release (libkface, libkgeomap). As far
as I understand it, cmake searches for these packages and then, the relevant
parts of code are enabled or disabled when KPA is built.

Will it be possible to set some flags to cmake indicating that the user does
not want e. g. libkface related features?

The background is (I do not know if anyone of you apart from me is using
Gentoo): here on Gentoo, we use so-called USE flags for that. So e. g. you
will be able to emerge (saying compile it and install it) KPA with saying a
"face" or "map" USE flag. If it's set, the library is pulled as a dependency.

So if we would not be able to disable those features, the following could
happen:

There's libkface or libkgeomap installed, but KPA is not installed with the
relevant USE flags. Thus, portage (Gentoo's package manager) does not claim
those to be a dependency of KPA. If cmake only checks if the libraries are
there, the respective code will be built anyways. So if the libraries would be
uninstalled (because all other packages needing them would be removed), this
would break KPA.

I just wanted to ask before a release is done later and we get an upstream bug
report about something like that.

Cheers, Tobias