[KPhotoAlbum] patch for main window paste

Reimar Imhof Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 9 20:49:14 GMT 2013

Am Samstag, 9. März 2013, 21:26:37 schrieb Miika Turkia:
> On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Reimar Imhof <Reimar.Imhof at netcologne.de>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here is a patch for the main window paste slot.
> >
> > Changes:
> > - For me file pathes came along as absolute paths including url head
> > ("file://") -> Now starting "file://" token is removed and file name is
> > treated as absolute.
> >
> > - Try to avoid kphotoalbum crashes if file is not found
> >
> > - Set dirty indicator
>
> Thanks, this clearly fixes a crash when one pastes something on the
> main window. However, can you explain what paste in the main window
> (or elsewhere) actually does?
>
> As far as I can tell the pasted URL goes to the search input field and
> in this case the dirty is not set. So what is the use case when the
> dirty is set and why?
>
> miika

Hi,

I'm not the initial author of that copy/paste thing.
I've just seen it was broken.
When you have a look at my patch you see tagging-copy-things happen in
ImageInfo.cpp, line 486, copyExtraData.
I didn't anlyse what's happening in there but as far as I've seen, it copies
the tagging info from the origin file (image) to the destination one. And
because the info about the destination image is changed the dirty flag should
be set.
What I have done:
- select an origin image
- press ctrl-c
- select an destination image
- press ctrl-v
-> info from origin is copied to destination image.

Reimar