[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes while generating thumbnails during start

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at isilme.lupus.uberspace.de
Fri Jun 7 11:01:31 BST 2013

Hi Manfred,

On Friday 07 June 2013 11:27:39 Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> two example durations: 8 seconds for 16 pictures, 6 seconds for 20
> pictures the first time I open a folder, afterwards it's fast.

Thanks for the info.

> But my issue with KPA is not the thumbnail generation (I believe), it
> becomes very slow when the window with the thumbnails is ready and I try
> to open a detail view or scroll to another picture in the detail view
> e.g. with PgDn/PgUp.

Does that mean that KPA is slow for you even when no thumbnails are generated?

I had assumed that the background-jobs for thumbnail generation are
essentially starving the GUI-thread. These background jobs are active for as
long as the "LED-like" indicator in the status bar is flashing green.

You can click the indicator LED to get an overview of the running jobs and
also for a pause/unpause button. If you pause background-jobs and use the
annotation dialog on a subset of your images that already has thumbnails, do
you still get the low performance?

Regards,
  Johannes