[KPhotoAlbum] View Picture in Context

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 06:09:10 BST 2012

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM,  <josephj at main.nc.us> wrote:
> Hi.  I'm using KPhotoAlbum 4.2 on kubuntu oneiric.  The features of this
> release are really nice.  I can see a bunch of improvements from the prior
> release.
>
> I need a workflow hint.
>
> I'm tagging a large number of photos (in a selected subset of all my
> photos - the latest set of folders I've created) and need to stop (close
> KPhotoAlbum) in the middle to do something else.  I need an easy way to
> get back to where I left off.

If the Untagged is configured, all new images are marked with this
special keyword upon import. When you tag an image, if you hit Done,
the Untagged is automatically removed. If you confirm with Continue
Later the untagged remains. Working this way, you should find the
images needing work easily with the Untagged selection in main view.

Another option could be to use a tmp category that you use to mark
images with a word describing whatever you intend. (I find the Tokens
confusing as I do not remember what each letter meant, thus I use the
temporary category method.)

HTH
miika