[KPhotoAlbum] Maintenance file version detection (was: Raw workflow)

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:04:17 BST 2012

Now there is a "new" feature to automatically stack different
versions of an image. To be found under Maintenance->Automatically
Stack Selected Images...

The new option is "Stack images based on file version detection" and it
allows one to choose that original file should be on top. Otherwise a
random non-original is placed on top (I suppose it is first in alphabetical
or whatever the internal order of files in KPA is).

You can affect what is considered as original by the order of "Original
replacement text" under the File Version Detection Settings. The first
match is considered original. Thus having RAW formats first would treat
RAW as original, and JPEG first the JPEG as original.

This is quite similar to what is done when searching for new images and
autostacking them, except that with new images the new one is placed on
top. (Using stacking under Maintenance menu does not require you to use
autostacking for new versions.)

According to my limited testing this works but I would not be
surprised if there were some bugs in the code. Note that the file
version regexp and original text do affect quite a bit to the
outcome...

miika