[KPhotoAlbum] Nef files not displaying embedded jpeg any more?

Timothee Groleau kde at timotheegroleau.com
Sat Oct 27 03:15:37 BST 2012

Hi there,

I've just installed 4.3 from source and I've noticed my nikon nef files
don't display the large embedded jpeg files any more (4352x2868,
SUBIFD#0). Instead they show the small thumbnail (160x120, IFD#0), which
is unusable. The feature was working fine at Kphotoalbum 4.1.1. Is that
an expected change? I've also tried the latest git sources, and had the
same result.

Additionally, I can't find the option "recreate selected thumbnails" any
more. Has it been removed on purpose? I use that option quite a bit
because I store processed jpegs back in my nefs (replacing the old jpeg).

I've moved back to 4.1.1 on my kubuntu box for now, but I'd very much
like to enjoy the latest development as well .

How can I provide more information to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance,
Tim.