[KPhotoAlbum] troubleshooting mplayerthumbs?

Johannes Zarl isilmendil at gmx.net
Mon Jul 23 19:09:07 BST 2012

Hi Tim,

Can you provide a little bit more detail on what exactly is working/not-
working? I.e. is KPA just sitting idle, not doing anything when new videos are
added, or is it doing some work and just the end result is not displayed?

Regarding mplayerthumbs/kffmpegthumbnailer: Currently KPA directly invokes
mplayer to get thumbnails. To get a vague idea of what could be the problem,
you could try invoking mplayer manually:

mplayer -nosound -ss 10 -vf screenshot -frames 1 -vo png:z=9 SOME_VIDEO.EXT

Codewise, the thumbnailing is done inside the ImageManager. AFAIK you'll want
to take a look at the classes VideoThumbnailsExtractor and
ExtractOneVideoFrame.

HTH,
  Johannes