[KPhotoAlbum] Preparing for new release

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Feb 10 11:06:07 GMT 2012

On 02/09/2012 09:53 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Joe<josephj at main.nc.us>  wrote:
>> OK.  You gave me the link to KPA's pdf.  How do I find it and others (in pdf
>> format) if I don't have the direct link?
>>
>> I went to http://docs.kde.org/ and searched for kate and only found the html
>> version.
> On the left pane there is language selection dropdown menu and right
> below that there is the KDE version drop down menu. There select the
> development.
That's counterintuitive, but it works.
> However easiest way to find out under what category some application
> belongs is to do a search and note the URL. Kate seems to be under
> kde-baseapps. Thus you select the development branch from the drop
> down, go to kde-baseapps. And on the next page there are the apps
> belonging to this category listed with links to HTML and PDF
> documentation.
>
>> we could put links to both (several?) versions of the documentation on the
>> KPA website.
> Yep, links to this documentation should be added to KPA web site but
> first we need to figure out how to gain access there :(

Well, somebody (probably Jesper) knew how to get to it on 05/28/2011
when they added the news about git, so at least it isn't ancient
history.  He's still around enough to answer a question or two like
that, isn't he?

If not, maybe the admins at kde.org can help or maybe godaddy can tell
us something or, as a last resort, maybe the listed phone number
actually connects to someone with a clue.

*http://www.kphotoalbum.org translates to 46.4.96.250.

*
46.4.96.250 resolves to
"spider.kde.org"
Top Level Domain: "*kde.org*"

"Whois" Database Information for kde.org

Domain ID:D1479623-LROR
Domain Name:KDE.ORG
Created On:14-Dec-1996 05:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:27-Jan-2012 23:54:14 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Dec-2013 05:00:00 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:CR88351429
Registrant Name:K Desktop Environment EV
Registrant Organization:KDE e.V.
Registrant Street1:Linienstr. 141
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3: