[KPhotoAlbum] Using KPA with videos

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri May 27 10:43:24 BST 2011

I've been using kpa for a couple of years for my photos and love it.  I
had a heck of a time until I found it!

I mostly use its most basic features and am happy with the way it works.
(I'm not an expert (kpa) user.)

On this list, there's a lot of discussion about kpa and photos, but not
much about videos.
I'd like to know if many people use kpa for videos and what tips and
tricks, etc. people use.

Currently, I have quite a bunch of webcasts archived and some movies.
As soon as I can figure out how to get my digital video tapes from my
camcorder into a form my notebook can access, I'll have a growing bunch
of short videos to catalog as well.

Most of the basic usage features would be pretty much the same for
videos as for pictures, but I'm sure there are differences.  Quite
awhile ago, I saw some discussion on the list about configuring video
"thumbnails", but I didn't follow it very closely because I wasn't ready
to deal with videos at that point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe - kpa 4.1.1 kubuntu lucid