[KPhotoAlbum] Patch to ignore symlinks when reading files

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 4 13:57:08 GMT 2011

On 01/04/11 13:56, Robert Krawitz wrote:
> I'm creating panorama or HDR images using a set of individual shots,
> each in their own directory.  I export the selected shots as symlinks
> pointing back into my main image tree and build the panorama.  After
> doing this, I move the directory with the panorama -- and the symlinks
> back to the source files -- into my main image directory.  I want kpa
> to find the new panorama, but to ignore the symlinks pointing back to
> the actual image files.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm still not sold on that idea, though, maybe
because I use symlinks for making images *available* in the first place.
What you're doing looks (to me) as a broken way to do things; if I
understand you correctly, you simply copy a file along with a bunch of
semi-random symlinks and want KPA to ignore the symlinks, and that looks
fishy to me. Maybe you can name them with something special and then
setup a regular expression for ignoring them?

Or am I missing something and you have a reason why you really want the
symlinks in place even in the original directory tree with images
managed by KPA?

So, I'm not convinced that this patch brings something useful, and won't
be committing it myself unless I get persuaded. I won't object if
someone else will, though.

Cheers,
-jkt

--