[KPhotoAlbum] Three issues with KDE4 KPA

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:21:24 BST 2010

   Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 21:08:29 -0400
   From: Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

      Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:40:21 -0400
      From: Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>

      2) I'm unable to display any .crw files from my old Digital Rebel:
	 in the viewer I get either a black screen, or the previous image
	 (if I was previously viewing something else).  No message is
	 printed when this happens.  This is a regression (a rather
	 serious one) from the KDE3 version.  I vaguely recall there had
	 been a similar problem there at one point.

   So this turns out to be because I didn't have libkdcraw4-devel
   installed -- but the version for OpenSUSE is 0.1.8, and KPA requires
   0.2.0.  What's required from that version?

Never mind :-) It looks like it was just a matter of having the right
-devel packages installed (there are a bunch of different kipi-devel
and kdcraw-devel packages around, and installing the right one is what
matters).