[KPhotoAlbum] Experiences with version 4

Martin Höller martin at xss.co.at
Tue Jun 30 08:26:14 BST 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 Franck Sicard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Patch have been applied now. I do however wonder how you got the
> > duplicate images in there in the first time, if you find a way to
> > reproduce it, then I'm all ears.
>
> i don't remenber exactly, but i think i was playing with a raw
> converter or display program that was putting it's thumbails near the
> original image (then same name in a diffrent forler)

I had the same problem a week ago: some images were duplicated in the
index.xml file. I was using KPA 4.0.1 on Debian/unstable. No idea how the
images got duplicated. I didn't do anything special beside moving images
around from one folder to another.

I fixed the problem by removing all of the duplicate images by hand from
index.xml and letting KPA rescan my images. No problem since then.

- martin