[KPhotoAlbum] Bug in latest snapshot regarding umlaute in category names?

Jakob Sack mail at jakobsack.de
Mon Jul 27 15:18:26 BST 2009

Hi,

I use kphotoalbum för several years now.
The Categorys I have are "Orte" (Places), "Personen" (People) and
"Schlüsselbegriffe" (Keywords).
I used to add the keyword "OK" to photos I tagged.
Now in the latest snapshot I can not mark a photo as "OK". Even worse, photos
I already tagged "OK" lost this keyword as soon as I edit any other tag.
Here is some step by step instruction:

1) select a photo and select "Annotate Individual Items"
2) in "Schhlüsselbegriffe" I check the tag "OK"
3) Press done => the "Schlüsselbegriff" did not change

This bug even "works" with the demo database. Just create a new category with
any umlaut and it is not possible to select any tags in this category.
Assigning tags with umlauts to a normal category works. So it is possible to
select "äöü" as a place.
Hope this helps.

Jakob

Am Montag, 27. Juli 2009 15:59:19 schrieben Sie: