[KPhotoAlbum] Patch: option to choose the thumnails format and how the existing keywords match in the edit window

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed Jul 1 20:02:49 BST 2009

Hi Franck,
Once again thanks for your interest/will to help developing KPA.
I've got a few comments and a few change request I'd like you to incorporate
in a new patch.

* Whats is this part of the patch about:
+SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE profiling)
+SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_PROFILING "-O2 -pg")
+SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_PROFILING "-O2 -pg")

* The annotation dialog (when used for annotating images) was changed, so when
I tag persons, I can start typing esp (and Jesper will match), still it does
not choose Jesper, when I then press enter. Are you trying to make this work
only for the searching usage of this dialog (remember the same dialog is used
for annotating images)

* The patch to BrowserWidget.cpp failed, please make me a new patch against
the devel branch. I'm truly sorry about that extra work. I've updated the web
now to be more specific about where the branches are.

* In Manager.cpp, please remove hzellers getting an environment variable all
together.

* Instead of offering the user to choose the format, how about offering him
whether "When loading thumbnails prefer: [fast loading|less harddisk used].
That will make the choice more obvious to the user.

* The label of the check box in the Settings dialog doesn't really explain it
well - or at least I did not understand what it was about.

* There is a bit of debug code in there (a include of iostream, and a
std::cout in a comment, please remove that.

* Finally, please make me two patches, one for each feature, that makes it so
much easier for me to read them.

For your convenience, attached, please find a patch for the Settings dialog
with your changes.

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 00:27:13 Franck Sicard wrote:
| Hi here it is a small patch that add 2 entries in the configure panel
| for 2 hidden  existing feature that are very usefull for me:
|
| 1) abalility to choses the thumnail format
|
| it is very important for be because all my 19000 photos are on a small
| asus 901 with only 16Go of flash disk + a 32 Go SD card. and in ppm
| the thumbvnail are using more than 3Go, with the jpeg format it is
| less than 300Mo
|
| config entry is in setting>configure kphotoalbul->thumnails
|
| 2) when filetring the keywords in the edit window, the match can be
| done anywhere in the name, and not just at the begining.  ie: if you
| type 'birth', it will match 'birthday' but also 'event:birthday'
|
| config entry is in setting>configure kphotoalbul->general
|
| FRanck
|
| WEB: http://3demi.net/photos/

thousands of images?