[KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum Digest, Vol 29, Issue 8

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 17:04:33 BST 2008

From: Jan Kundr?t <jkt at gentoo.org>
> Subject: Re: [KPhotoAlbum] KPhotoAlbum crashes when
> I try to invoke GIMP
> Murray Strome wrote:
> > When I tried to invoke the external program, GIMP,
> > it crashed. I tried this a few times with the same
> > result.
>
> I recall fixing a bug causing crash when executing
> external programs.
> It's impossible to be sure without a backtrace, but
> my guess is that  this one is fixed in 3.1.1.
>
> > BTW this new installation does not recognize .pef
> > (Pentax RAW) files.
>
> That must have been added in the 3.1 branch.
>
> I have no idea how Ubuntu call their "7.01" release,
Typo -- I meant "7.10"

> Cheers,
> -jkt
YES I meant 7.10.
I didn't dare try upgrading to 8.04 before I had to
give my talk the other night. I did try on the laptop
and an old computer, but it failed on both of them.  I
will try again later, and am sure that will give me
3.1. After I get time to do the upgrade, I will try it
again.

Murray