[KPhotoAlbum] KPA & Ubuntu

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 25 15:28:34 GMT 2008

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Gutsy & Hardy seem to be using 3.0.2 and KDE4 version seems to be
> available for hardy as well:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=kphotoalbum&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

Well, KPhotoAlbum 4 hasn't been released yet. I'm talking to Ubuntu
developers as we speak, so let's wait for their reaction. I guess they
just made their own snapshot and mistakenly labeled it as "4.0.0".

They are perfectly fine to package whatever they think is reasonable,
but they shouldn't call it "4.0.0" before we tag that in SVN, which
hasn't been done yet.

> (maybe KPA website could tell that there is a version for Ubuntu
> available in the repositories?)

There's no point in maintaining a list of what $distribution provides,
IMHO. If we included Ubuntu, we'd have to track changes in versions from
Fedora, OpenSuse, Debian, Gentoo and FreeBSD and that's something I'd
like to avoid. If you're already user of said distribution, it should be
simple for you to check what they have available.

Note that we do have a list of distributions that package KPhotoAlbum
(although outdated, we should fix that).

> And here are some bugs reported by Ubuntu users. Can someone confirm
> that these have been fixed?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kphotoalbum

If it's a bug in KPA and not in their packaging, it should be tracked in
KDE Bugzilla. I'm afraid nobody of KPA developers checks distribution's
bug tracking systems. If you have free time, I'd love if you can check
their bugs and file those that you can reproduce and likely aren't
Ubuntu-specific into our Bugzilla.

> And about KPA home page: it would be great if there was somewhere the
> date visible when a snapshot has been released (and maybe also what
> SVN changes it covers).

You mean like the existing http://kphotoalbum.org/news.html or the RSS
feed? :)

Hope this helps,