[KPhotoAlbum] 3.1.0-rc1 released - scanning for new photos problem (test with exiv2-0.12 and newer snapshot)

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 8 22:53:29 BST 2007

Martin Jost wrote:
> kphotoalbum: Exiv2 exception when parsing file
> /images/fotos/neu/2007-09-29/img_0284.jpg for categories: Invalid tag
> name or ifdId `XPKeywords', ifdId 1
> [...]

Ah, so it's because exiv2 prior to 0.15 doesn't support that stuff from
Windows XP. Workaround is to move the "-- STOP --" before all XP* keys.

> But no crash any more. OTOH the filename as description below the photos
> is missing, despite the fact I had the mapping dialog opened and closed
> again. (This worked as expected, when I changed back to exiv2-0.15. It
> seems the exception from 0.12 somehow "kills" this)

That is kind of expected behavior -- it failed to load that data, so it
uses an empty value.

> Do you need a downscaled version of one of the photos ?

No, this is all. I'll try to add a version check to configure.

> Thanks for the prompt reply. The touch did the trick mostly.
> (This did a new configure, which funnily now failed because of missing
> dcraw (or some such) I configured without this)

Instead of an outdated copy of dcraw, we use libkdcraw now. If you don't
have RAW files, you can disable it (and yeah, that was in release notes
:-P).

> Does this really mean, that busy maintainers work with IRC running to
> look for questions ? Isn't that a source of permanent distraction ?
> (Ok, mails like these are probably too... ;-)

Nobody wants to work anyway :)

Cheers,
-jkt

--