[KPhotoAlbum] Patches follow-up

Baptiste MATHUS ml at batmat.net
Tue May 8 20:50:33 BST 2007

inline.

2007/5/8, Tuomas Suutari <thsuut at utu.fi>:

> On Tuesday 08 May 2007 17:36, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
> > It seems like the page
> > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KPhotoAlbum+Bug+And+Features+
> >awaitingis already not up-to-date :-).
> >
> > I seem to remember that for instance the "Improve speed for big
> > thumbnail views" of Henner has already been committed, same for "No
> > meaningless Megapixel number".
>
> I don't think those are committed.
>
> We really need a better issue tracker here. KDE's bug tracking system
> might work, but I don't know it so well.

I agree. But the thing is we'll still need to think about closing
issues/patches after committing it.

Most systems provide a clever way to automatically do that according to the
commit log, I don't know about the KDE svn and bug tracker integration one.

For example how could I get automatic e-mail notification for every
> reported KPA issue?

I don't know Kde bug tracker, but I use daily trackers like JIRA, Mantis,
and so on and every single tool provide the feature to send emails when new
bugs are added. So I doubt KDE bt doesn't have this. Would be a shame :-).

About usual practices, I know a couple of opensource projects in the java
world (Spring, Hibernate, Jakarta) that work this way: on each new bug, the
corresponding mail is sent to the developers list. So we just need to decide
if those mails must be sent to your personal address only, jesper too,
committers, or this list.

Ciao.

--
Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS