[KPhotoAlbum] Ubuntu binaries

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Jan 22 19:30:38 GMT 2007

Absolutely interested!

I wonder if you'd be able to get some host, say seerofsouls.com host
it. Some people have their repo in sources.list already on (they have
enlightenment, for example) so try and ask them if they could host it.

Would be great to have about the latest (ubuntu).deb available, the
version that ships with Ubuntu is 2.2. It would make it easier to
recommend KPA to people knowing what bugs there have been fixed and
that they would have more of the advanced features developed. Let us
know how it goes.

rhk at ribantu:~$ apt-cache show kphotoalbum
Package: kphotoalbum
<pkg-kde-extras at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.2-2
Replaces: kimdaba (<< 2.2)
Provides: kimdaba
Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.3-1), libc6 (>= 2.4-1), libexiv2-0.10
(>= 0.10), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-12), libjpeg62, libkipi0, libqt3-mt (>=
3:3.3.6), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-12)
Recommends: kipi-plugins
Conflicts: kimdaba (<< 2.2)
Filename: pool/universe/k/kphotoalbum/kphotoalbum_2.2-2_i386.deb
Size: 11675054
MD5sum: c8766bf6836fa39f74a1b3194898aada
SHA1: 62b5b769c314f6fc57896b26eb18b1e44f5841f3
SHA256: f4cadf8ee93e199a494b51228460dd2e41c911a7995f9310c6cf347d43f0ffa1
 KPhotoAlbum lets you index, search, group and view images by keywords, date,
 locations and persons. It provides a quick and elegant way to lookup groups of
 images when you have thousands of pictures on your hard disk.
 .
 The information associated with each photo is stored in an XML file. Together
 with its keywords, KPhotoAlbum stores each picture's MD5 sum, so it will
 recognize them even if you move them to another directory. KPhotoAlbum can
 also create HTML galleries with the images you select.
 .
 KPhotoAlbum can also make use of the KIPI image handling plugins to extend its
 capabilities. The kipi-plugins package contains many useful extensions. Among
 others, it contains extensions for photo manipulation, importing, exporting
 and batch processing.
 .
  Homepage: http://kphotoalbum.org
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com