[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Re: KPhotoAlbum IPTC tags

ml ml8128 at neuf.fr
Mon Feb 12 21:48:38 GMT 2007

ml wrote:
> Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
>
>> - How about implementing it as a KIPI plugin?

I looked into the KIPI API, only to find out it's heavily based on Qt. As it comes, I am not a GUI person :(
I'm used to work at a much lower level. What about calling the code from kpa routines handling the tagging and importing of photos ?

It could go like this :
  * When an image is imported : copy IPTC tags into DB
  * When one adds tags to the image : set them also in the IPTC

However, I agree the kipi plugin approach has advantages...

Any suggestions ?

Regards
ml