[KPhotoAlbum] wrong "annotate" dialog with Czech localization

Jan Kundrát jkt at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 12 21:37:49 GMT 2007

Hi folks,
I'm using KPhotoAlbum-3.0 from Gentoo Portage tree. My KDE is set to use
Czech language (cs_CZ).

When I invoke the "Annotate Individual Items" action, all I see is blank
window (let's call it window A) with three buttons. If I click the
"Options" button and select "Show <something>", that <something> opens
in another window, let's call it window B. If I select another item, yet
another window gets opened, let's call it C.

I can move stuff between windows B and C, but I can't move it to the
window A. That means that I have to perform at least three clicks on
every Ctrl+1 which is quite slow :). I hope I don't have to make
screenshots :)

This happens even with the demo galery if you start KPA in Czech
(haven't tried other localisations). After a suggestion on IRC, I've
tried it in English and then it works in demo, but not on my
previously-created gallery (that was created using Czech l10n). Demo in
cs_CZ doesn't work, either.

I've tracked the problem down to the layout.xml file -- if I start the
demo mode, save the window settings and take the layout.xml from $TMPDIR
and move it to my previously created gallery (ie. replacing old
layout.xml created from cs_CZ) and start KPA in Czech again, dialog
works as expected and as shown in the docs. Therefore I guess that Czech
localization has some bug in default layout.

Two layout.xml files are attached, their names indicate what they mean.
Maybe someone will see what settings causes such misbehavior...

If you need anything else, I can provide more information.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth