[KPhotoAlbum] KPA does not find some of my videos

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sat Sep 16 09:45:20 BST 2006

(And this was the email, this answer was for :-)

OK I'll leave it at that then.
A final thing, could you please start the demo, and ensure that works, i.e.
you don't see that problem.

If anyone ever see KPA crash when saving, please notify me right away.
Cheers
jesper.

On Saturday 09 September 2006 19:47, Rafael Beccar wrote:
| El Sábado, 9 de Septiembre de 2006 08:26, Jesper K. Pedersen escribió:
| > Did you try the latest snapshot? I have a hope that it would solve this
| > problem.
|
| It is relatively solved because the original database still crash when
| saving. However, if I rename the category "Lugares" to "Locations" I can
| save the database without any problems. Moreover, if I rename again
| "Locations" to "Lugares" I don't get any crash at saving.
|
| So, it seems my database got corrupted at some point in the past when
| trying some of the development versions of KPA. However, this corruptions
| is easily solved by doing:
|
| "Lugares" -> "Locations"
| Save the database
| "Locations" -> "Lugares"
| Save the database
|
| Then, my problem is solved. And I think only to those that tried some of
| the development versions of KPA and using localized categories, could have
| a similar problem.
|
| Greetings,
| Rafael
|
| > Cheers
| > jesper.

| > |
| > | I attach the output of:
| > | #kphotoalbum 2> kpa_errors.txt
| > |
| > | I think the problem may be related with localization as my categories
| > | Persons and Location are labeled in Spanish:
| > |
| > | Persons -> Personas
| > | Location -> Lugares
| > |
| > | The other categories and the GUI are in English.
| > |
| > | The warnings (Warning: Makernote tag 0x0000 has invalid Exif type ...)
| > | have been there for a long time and never caused a crash.Those warnings
| > | only show up when searching for new images on startup.
| > |
| > | Hope that helps,
| > | Rafael

thousands of images?