[KPhotoAlbum] Need easy way to see assigned categories in annotation window

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Tue Sep 12 08:59:50 BST 2006

On September, 12th 2006 09:46 Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> On Monday 11 September 2006 13:40, Rui Malheiro wrote:
> | In the new (improved) annotation window, it seems that the usage of
> | CTRL key in the annotation window to display only selected categories
> | was dropped. It was a rather useful function, so I'm wondering if it
> | was cut out due to conflict with the new interface or is there a chance
> | to have that
> | functionality back?
> |
> | If it isn't easy to re-implement, how about a sort option where the
> | lists are ordered with selected items first.
>
> I found the control-click to be too intrusive, so now it is avaialable as
> a normal short-cut Ctrl-s or ctrl-t, I dont remember which.

I liked it very much!

I even had an idea to add another similar feature: use SHIFT-click to refine
the selection by adding the clicked category inverted instead of normal,
e.g. if I normal-click the person 'Martin' all pictures with Martin show
up; if I SHIFT-click the person 'Martin' all pictures with no Martin on
them show up. Got the idea?

Anyway, I know it's too late for new features now but maybe we can implement
this in the next release if other like the idea too.

cheers,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  | Unix gives you just enough rope to